Rocquigny-Equancourt Road British Cemetery, Etricourt-Manancourt, France, Now Available on Geneanet

Posted by Jean-Yves on Feb 5, 2021

Etricourt was occupied by Commonwealth troops at the beginning of April 1917 during the German withdrawal to the Hindenburg Line. It was lost on the 23 March 1918 when the Germans advanced, but regained at the beginning of September.

The cemetery was begun in 1917 and used until March 1918, mainly by the 21st and 48th Casualty Clearing Stations posted at Ytres, and to a small extent by the Germans, who knew it as “Etricourt Old English Cemetery”. Burials were resumed by Commonwealth troops in September 1918 and the 3rd Canadian and 18th Casualty Clearing Stations buried in it in October and November 1918. (Source: Commonwealth War Graves Commission)

Click here to access this new collection (2,028 pictures)

Log in to leave a comment. Sign In / Sign Up