Blighty Valley Cemetery, Authuille, France, Now Available on Geneanet

Posted by Jean-Yves on Jul 15, 2020

Blighty Valley was the name given by the Army to the lower part of the deep valley running down South-Westward through Authuile Wood to join the river between Authuile and Aveluy.

A railway was carried along it soon after July, 1916, and it was for some time an important (though inevitably a dangerous) route. The upper part of the valley was called Nab Valley. Blighty Valley Cemetery is almost at the mouth of the valley, a little way up its northern bank. It is partly in either commune. Blighty Valley Cemetery was begun early in July 1916, at the beginning of the Battle of the Somme. (Source: Commonwealth War Graves Commission)

Click here to access this new collection (378 pictures)

Log in to leave a comment. Sign In / Sign Up