Bully-Grenay Communal Cemetery, British Extension, Bully-les-Mines, France, Now Available on Geneanet

Posted by Jean-Yves on Mar 15, 2020
 

Bully-Grenay is the name of the railway station (on the main Hazebrouck-Arras line) serving this village and Grenay, but the double name was generally applied to the village and the communal cemetery of Bully by the troops. The French Extension was made by French troops on the west side of the communal cemetery, and Commonwealth forces, who took their place in this part of the line in June 1915, buried in it until June 1916. The French extension contains 91 Commonwealth burials of the First World War. The British Extension, on the south-west side of the communal cemetery, was begun at the end of April 1916, and was used until October 1918. (Source: Commonwealth War Graves Commission)

 

Click here to access this new collection (620 pictures)

Log in to leave a comment. Sign In / Sign Up