Point 110 Old Military Cemetery, Fricourt, France, Now Available on Geneanet

Posted by Jean-Yves on Dec 30, 2018
 

Fricourt village was captured by the 17th Division on 2 July 1916, but the southern part of the commune, in which this cemetery is situated, was already in Allied hands. Point 110 Old Military Cemetery was begun by French troops in February 1915 and continued by the 1st Dorsets and other Commonwealth units from August 1915 to September 1916. The cemetery was named from the contour on the map; before September 1916 it was called King George’s Hill. Point 10 Old Military Cemetery contains 100 Commonwealth burials of the First World War, three of which are unidentified. The French graves were later removed to the French national cemetery at Albert. (Source: CWGC)

Click here to access this new collection (96 pictures)

Log in to leave a comment. Sign In / Sign Up