Dury Mill British Cemetery, Dury, France, Now Available on Geneanet

Posted by Jean-Yves on Dec 5, 2018
 

In August, 1918, Dury was behind the German defence system known as the Drocourt-Queant line; but on the 2nd September this line was broken by the Canadian and XVII Corps, and Dury village and the hill just South of it (Mont Dury, or Dury Ridge) were captured. The Mill (Moulin Damiens) stood beside the road from Dury to Villers-les-Cagnicourt, and was destroyed. The cemetery was begun by Canadian units on the 5th September, 1918, and closed sixteen days later. There are now 337 First World War casualties buried in this cemetery. Of these14 are unidentified. (Source: CWGC)

Click here to access this new collection (324 pictures)

Log in to leave a comment. Sign In / Sign Up