Sucrerie Military Cemetery, Colincamps, France, Now Available on Geneanet

Posted by Jean-Yves on Sep 10, 2018
 

The cemetery was begun by French troops in the early summer of 1915, and extended to the West by British units from July in that year until, with intervals, December 1918. It was called at first the 10th Brigade Cemetery. Until the German retreat in March 1917, it was never more than a 1.6 kilometres from the front line; and from the end of March 1918 (when the New Zealand Division was engaged in fighting at the Sucrerie) to the following August, it was under fire. The 285 French and twelve German graves were removed to other cemeteries after the Armistice, and in consequence there are gaps in the lettering of the Rows. (Source: CWGC)

Click here to access this new collection (917 pictures)

Log in to leave a comment. Sign In / Sign Up