St. Leger British Cemetery, St. Leger, France, Now Available on Geneanet

Posted by Jean-Yves on Jun 30, 2018
 

St. Leger village was occupied by Commonwealth troops in the middle of March 1917, lost after obstinate defence by the 40th and 34th Divisions a year later, and recaptured towards the end of the following August, after severe fighting, by the 62nd (West Riding) and Guards Divisions. The cemetery was begun in March 1917 and used by fighting units and field ambulances until March 1918, when a certain number of burials were made by the Germans. The Cemetery contains 184 Commonwealth burials and commemorations of the First World War. (Source: CWGC)

Click here to access this new collection (172 pictures)

Log in to leave a comment. Sign In / Sign Up