Hebuterne Military Cemetery, Hebuterne, France, Now Available on Geneanet

Posted by Jean-Yves on Jun 7, 2018
 

The village gave its name to a severe action fought by the French on the 10th-13th June 1915, in the “Second Battle of Artois”. It was taken over by British troops from the French in the same summer, and it remained subject to shell fire during the Battles of the Somme. It was again the scene of fighting in March 1918, when the New Zealand Division held up the advancing enemy; and during the following summer it was partly in German hands. It was later “adopted” by the Borough of Evesham. Hebuterne Military Cemetery was begun by the 48th (South Midland) Division in August 1915, and used by fighting units and Field Ambulances (particularly those of the 56th (London) Division) until the spring of 1917; and it was reopened in 1918. (Source: CWGC)

Click here to access this new collection (691 pictures)

Log in to leave a comment. Sign In / Sign Up