Tigris Lane Cemetery, Wancourt, France, Now Available on Geneanet

Posted by Jean-Yves on Dec 30, 2017
 

Wancourt was captured on 12 April 1917, after very heavy fighting. The village was lost in March 1918 and re-taken by the Canadian Corps on 26 August 1918. The cemetery (named from a trench) was made by the burial officer of the 14th (Light) Division in May 1917, and was used again in August-September 1918. The cemetery contains 119 First World War burials, nine of them unidentified. The cemetery was designed by G H Goldsmith. (Source: CWGC)

Click here to access this new collection (122 pictures)

Many thanks to Claude Laignel for the pictures.

Log in to leave a comment. Sign In / Sign Up