Couin British Cemetery, Couin, France, Now Available on Geneanet

Posted by Jean-Yves on Nov 23, 2017
 

Couin Chateau was used as a divisional headquarters from 1915 to 1918. The British Cemetery was begun in May 1916 by the field ambulances of the 48th (South Midland) Division, and was used by units and field ambulances during the Battle of the Somme in 1916. It was closed at the end of January 1917 because further extension was not possible, and now contains 401 Commonwealth burials of the First World War and three German graves. (Source: CWGC)

Click here to access this new collection (177 pictures)

Many thanks to Claude Laignel for the pictures.

Log in to leave a comment. Sign In / Sign Up