Etretat Churchyard, Etretat, France, Now Available on Geneanet

Posted by Jean-Yves on Aug 22, 2017
 

In December 1914, No.1 General Hospital was established in Etretat and it remained there until December 1918. In July 1917, it was taken over by No.2 (Presbyterian USA) Base Hospital Unit, but it continued to operate as a British hospital. The first seven burials took place among the French civil graves but in February 1915, two plots were set aside for Commonwealth burials in the churchyard. These were filled by December 1916 and from then until December 1918, the extension was used. (Source: CWGC)

Click here to access this new collection (78 pictures)

Many thanks to Christiane Roujou for the pictures.


Recommended links on this topic:

Log in to leave a comment. Sign In / Sign Up