Berles-Au-Bois Churchyard Extension, Berles-Au-Bois, France, Now Available on Geneanet

Posted by Jean-Yves on Jun 30, 2017
 

Berles-au-Bois Churchyard Extension was begun by French troops, whose graves are in the South corner. It was continued by the 46th North Midland and other Divisions from September 1915, until January 1917, when it was closed. There are now 144 Commonwealth burials of the 1914-18 war, 2 of which are unidentified in this site. Of these, one grave destroyed by shell fire, is represented by a special memorial. The British burials were in many instances made in groups by Brigades. There are also 44 French and 1 German burials of the 1914-1918 war and 8 German burials of the 1939-1945 war here. (Source: CWGC)

Click here to access this new collection (190 pictures)

Many thanks to Claude Laignel for the pictures.


Recommended links on this topic:

Log in to leave a comment. Sign In / Sign Up