St. Pol Communal Cemetery Extension, Saint-Pol-sur-Ternoise, France, Now Available on Geneanet

Posted by Jean-Yves on May 8, 2017
 

St. Pol-sur-Ternoise was an administrative centre during the whole of the war, taken over by British troops from the French in March 1916; and No.12 Stationary Hospital was posted on the race-course near the town from the 1st June 1916, to 1st June 1919. The Extension was made alongside the “Cimetiere Thuillier” (which is more than 500 years old) by the French Tenth Army, and in March 1916-April 1918, the British Plot was added in the South-West quarter. There are now over 200, 1914-18 war casualties commemorated in this site. (Source: CWGC)

Click here to access this new collection (226 pictures)

Many thanks to Claude Laignel for the pictures.

Log in to leave a comment. Sign In / Sign Up