The Communal Cemetery at Gezaincourt contains nine Commonwealth burials of the First World War, made between October 1915 and March 1916. The adjoining Extension was opened in March 1916 and used until March 1917, and again from March to October 1918. In most cases, the burials were carried out from casualty clearing stations and, in June to August 1918, from the 3rd Canadian Stationary Hospital. (Source: CWGC)
Many thanks to Claude Laignel for the pictures.
Log in to leave a comment. Sign In / Sign Up