Still looking for any info on my grand parents

mtherese3
mtherese3
Entry mode: Graphic
Browsing: Graphic
View their family tree
Hello, my maiden name was Marie-Therese Martin, I was born in Metz, Moselle France,.
I now reside in the United states.
I am looking for any info on my grand parents on my father's side.
I have a family tree on many on my mother's side but not on my dad.
My dad 's name was Paul Emile Martin, born in Thionville , January 10, 1905
His father's name was Auguste Johann Martin . Born April 10, 1884 in Diedenhofen , Moselle France.
My grandmother name was Maria Johanna Mariot born in Metz, Moselle 1889
If anyone has any info, please email me @ [email protected]
Since I am now in my 70, I would love to leave this info for my great grandchildrens

Thank you so much.
Therese

Je fais un arbre de la famille mais j'ai été incapable de trouver des infos sur mon grand-prère.
il s'appelait Auguste Johann Martin né l'a Thionvile vers 1884, marié a Maria Johanna Mariot né, je pense a Metz en 1885.
Si vous avez des infos, s'il vous plait, repondre à ce message.
Merci d'avance
Therese
mberton4
male
Diedenhofen is Thionville, same city. Between 1870 and 1918 it was German, so not sure if you can have this info from Thionville.

In the online archives, you can access to the global list of decades ("tables decennales"):
http://www.archives57.com/index.php/recherches/archives-en-ligne#tables-décennales-de-l-état-civil

I think it would be interesting for you to directly call the townhall of Thionville and ask them if they have the original certificates from that period or if you need to ask in Germany.

mtherese3
mtherese3
View their family tree
Thank you, I did get in touch with Thionvile but they were unable to find anything on my grandfather during that period.
orange38
orange38
Good morning Therese
Please find page 613 of the "Table décennale de Thionville". abstract for 1884, supposed birth year of your grand-father.  No Martin Auguste Johan is found
I propose to help, but could you please inform about the last "official document"  that you have , such as wedding certificate of your grand-parents, that could give information about the birth, the village and the parents of your grand father.
I looked at you family tree and you weren't sure of the birth date of you grand-mother (written ca 1885). I found her birth record. So you can update your tree. and you can see partial origin of Maria Johanna.
Regards
Orange38

PS. If you have big document (>6 Mo), or prefer direct communication for more privacy, please use mail from Geneanet, with Orange38 link
Attachments
18891231 Birth MARIOT Maria Johanna 1E-c132 page 146.jpg
1884 table decennale Thionville page 613g.png
orange38
orange38
Good morning again Therese
From the previous birth record of your grandmother Mariot Maria Johanna on 31st December 1889, it seems that her mother Louise Mariot was not married.
Thanks God she kept the baby and you are here!
On this document, one can read the names of her parents. Johann (Jean) MARIOT and Johanna (Jeanne) LAMIABLE.
I guessed then that she could be a young girl, and looked for birth record of Louise MARIOT, around 20 years before 1889, ie before 1869, in the same town of Metz, and I found it on 30th April 1867  (act n°416). She was born in rue Saint Georges in Metz at 9 AM. There is the signature of your great-great grandfather
------------------------------------
We get more information about the parents, now. ie:
* Jean MARIOT 45 y/o in 1867 (then born around 1822) , (daily) worker, born in Sénezergues (département of CANTAL in the center of France); this village houses an  interesting medieval castle : https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chateau_de_Réghaud
* Jeanne LAMIABLE, 32 y/o (then born around 1835), vigneronne (wine producer), born in Scy (département of MOSELLE, same as Metz), very old village https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scy-Chazelles
You have now more links for the Mariot and Lamiable side and with some chance, back to the 16th century.
--------------------------
Back to the Martin side, it could be interesting to look for military documents, either in France or in Germany (as Lorraine was occupied from 1871 to 1914); but the wedding of your grand-parents should be found before
regards
Orange38

Attachments
1867030 Birth MARIOT Louise Metz 1E-b637 page 127.jpg
mtherese3
mtherese3
View their family tree
this is awesome... thank you so much...I am like a kid on Christmas day with all this info..
Big hug to you.....
Therese
orange38
orange38
Good evening Therese
I have found some interesting links for your ancestors
AA. On Jean Mariot side.
One Geneanet member had him in her family tree. I copied an abstract with Jean Mariot as root, and you can then gain few generations, 
BB. On Jeanne LAMIABLE side
Two Geneanet members had her in their family tree. Their finding showed little differences, as one seems to be more complete than the other. I copied both abstracts, starting from Jeanne LAMIABLE.
-----
This is a big jump. Indeed the attached finding are good clues that have to be supported by genuine documents.
In addition, you may be interested by the documents themselves for reading signatures, discovering their occupation, etc.
Your search is very simplified, as you know where to look for the original archives, which are mainly available with the "Archives Départementales".
Regards
Orange38.

PS. Please inform about the MARTIN side if you are still interested.
Attachments
20170727 Ancestry of Jeanne LAMIABLE 0107328272dlamiable.pdf
(102.25 KiB) Downloaded 8 times
20170727 Ancestry of Jeanne LAMIABLE 0107345194attam.pdf
(57.3 KiB) Downloaded 7 times
20170727 Ascendants de Jean MARIOT 0107278444mich0911.pdf
(33.8 KiB) Downloaded 10 times
mtherese3
mtherese3
View their family tree
Orange 38,
This is really awesome what you have found. I scanned my dad birth certificate but can't read it... I believe it is German and I can't read that.
Hope that someone can.
Thank you in advance.
I did try to contact you thru Geneanet but no luck!

Attachments
dad birth certificate0001.pdf
(1.71 MiB) Downloaded 19 times
orange38
orange38
Good evening Therese
I can translate most of the document you sent to me. I'll do it after tomorrow.
I had some difficulties to read some details in the German part of the birth certificate, because of the quality of the scan. These details concern only the street where they lived and the hour of the birth.
What is written, is already know by you.
-------------------
To go further in the past, we should have another document showing the birth date of your grand-father in Thionville/Diedenhofen, supposed to be 10th April 1884 ?
Have you the wedding document of Auguste Jean MARTIN with Marie Jeanne MARIOT, or any other document?
Best regards
Orange 38
---------------------------
PS1. I proposed to contact you through [email protected] because Geneanet has a limit for attached documents;
PS2. Do you have an idea where and when your grand-parents died? This could be helpful to trace their wedding or the exact birth place of Auguste Jean Martin?
chmidelear
male
View their family tree
Hello !

I think I've got an explanation for the 10th of april 1884.

If you look at the "table décennale" for the marriages (heiratsurkunde) of THIONVILLE covering the year 1884, you'll find a Joannes MARTIN mentioned with that  day. Perhaps someone thought it was a birth date and gave that (false) information

I'm afraid that Johann was born elsewhere and perhaps 10 years before his wife.

Be also cautious with the habit in german regions to use the second given name in everyday's life.

It could also be interesting to get the marriage record of Paul Emile in order to obtain more info on his parents (where did they live ? Were they still alive ?)

Christian

mtherese3
mtherese3
View their family tree
I will have to wait.. I got a new cell phone today and the guy who set it up deleted my email..lol
So I will contact technical support tomorrow and hope to read your mail..
Sorry...but thank you so much for finding all this .. It's so nice of you
Bye for now..

mtherese3
mtherese3
View their family tree
hello, got my email back and have all your messages on it..
let me know if you got my email.. I sent it this morning..
thanks
Therese

Return to “France”