comparing to file.com

Ask for help on any topic related to the Geneanet website. Report a bug. Make a suggestion.
verogci
female
Entry mode: Graphic
Browsing: Graphic
View their family tree

comparing to file.com

Post by verogci »

I find geneanet difficult to navigate and poorer in results.
what am I doing wrong?
zanzigirl
zanzigirl
Volunteer moderator
Hello,

Could you please give examples?

Best,
Claudine
Modératrice bénévole sans lien de subordination avec Geneanet / Volunteer moderator with no subordination to Geneanet.
jyb
jyb
Administrator
Browsing: Text
View their family tree

Re: comparing to file.com

Post by jyb »

There are many results for you at https://en.geneanet.org/compare/ (select "Your entire family tree" and all the search options)
Best wishes,

Jean-Yves BAXTER
GeneaNet

Please read our help pages and tips to improve your genealogy research and to grow your family tree:

- https://en.geneanet.org/help/
- https://en.geneanet.org/genealogyblog/category/geneanet_tips
verogci
female
View their family tree
I researched Guelé Maria 1923-2016 on Geneanet nothing.
entries for birth death avis de decks on other site.

entry on other site
entry on other site
Attachments
entry on Geneanet
entry on Geneanet
zanzigirl
zanzigirl
Volunteer moderator
Hello,

Two different names (Doublet and Guelé) and two different towns (Sacey and Saucey) => different results.

Here is the result for Maria GUELE in Sacey between 1923 and 2016:

https://tinyurl.com/bhunre

Best,
Claudine
Modératrice bénévole sans lien de subordination avec Geneanet / Volunteer moderator with no subordination to Geneanet.
verogci
female
View their family tree
Thank you Claudine,
You saw my screenshoot. what did I do wrong? why could not I bring the results?
zanzigirl
zanzigirl
Volunteer moderator
You made a mistake on the town name: "Saucey, Manche, France" doesn't exist, it is Sacey.

Claudine
verogci
female
View their family tree
I did indeed.

If I may submit another example. François Bunout is my great grandfather. I found his baptism record. I have not found his wedding record or any info on his wife Guelé Marie.

I can see my entries for François Bunout.

I also found in the Library a page of JO mentioning him.

I don't feel I am using well geneanet. What Should I do to get results which I know exist on line?
Attachments
Screenshot 2021-04-05 at 16.22.01.png
Screenshot 2021-04-05 at 10.48.30.png
Screenshot 2021-04-05 at 10.40.56.png
zanzigirl
zanzigirl
Volunteer moderator
verogci wrote: 05 April 2021, 17:41 If I may submit another example. François Bunout is my great grandfather. I found his baptism record. I have not found his wedding record or any info on his wife Guelé Marie.
It's his birth record. As for the wedding, there are no online records after 1892 for the département of Manche.

You show two searches:
- GUELÉ Marie + BUNOUT + Beauvoir: no results, even your own tree, as there's no place associated with Marie on her profile page.
- BUNOUT François + GUELÉ + Beauvoir: two results, François's birth and death which are on his profile page.
verogci wrote: 05 April 2021, 17:41 I don't feel I am using well geneanet. What Should I do to get results which I know exist on line?
Geneanet is very useful to find leads but most of the research has to be done on online archives.

How do you know the results you're looking for are online?

Last but not least, you seem to be a French speaker: why are you posting on the English language forum? You should use the French version of Geneanet.

Claudine
verogci
female
View their family tree
I have been using first Geneanet and later also filae.com, as I noticed I could grow my tree better on that site. I find geneanet very interesting once you have all details of the person you look for to find more info in the library. I have been able to find cousins, new extended family names in obituaries in old newspapers, mentions in the JO etc.

I have a much bigger tree built on the other site with facsimiles, etc but have not looked at how to import this on geneanet.

I have been living in the UK for over 35 years now, but I will look at what added benefits I could get by using the French version of the site.

Return to “Geneanet Help & Support”