Adding information from Geneanet

annabell63
annabell63
Family Tree: Graphic
View their family tree
If you find information on a name in my tree, How do I add it?? Can it be saved to my tree, or do I have to do the work for you???

ericdubois
male
Volunteer moderator
View their family tree
Hi Delores,
Nothing is added to your tree automatically. Everything must be added manually (preferably after verification).
Regards,
Eric

martial1921
martial1921
View their family tree
Why is there no Confirmation button to click on? If I get a match with some else and can verify the source (media), I should be able to click a button to add that information to my tree or attach it to my tree. Other sites have this like "My Hertiage" (which I see Geneanet is starting to look more and more like it (e.g. with simple matches, smart matches etc). So basically how can I ADD information from one tree to another?

ericdubois
male
Volunteer moderator
View their family tree
As indicated above, everything must be added manually. You can use the Personal Note option (Under "More", top right) to confirm or remember a match.

Geneanet is not MyHeritage. The two companies have very different philosophies. I have written at length in this forum why I support their decision not to include an automatic copy tool.

Return to “Geneanet Help & Support”