DNA Matches

Ask for help on any topic related to the Geneanet website. Report a bug. Make a suggestion.
bpschim
male
Entry mode: Graphic
Browsing: Graphic
View their family tree

DNA Matches

Post by bpschim »

Is it possible to limit shared DNA matches from .50% to .75% and higher? Matches less than .50% are not worth the trouble and time to explore as most of them either don't have a family tree or the information they do share is just too vague to spend a lot of time on.

Also, I am receiving more shared DNA matches for my wife who hasn't even submitted her DNA data on Geneanet! She, of course, is in my family tree as my wife but HER family tree is not! So far, 80% of the shared DNA matches are hers & not mine and my Family Tree & DNA data, ARE with Geneanet! All of my relatives (father & mother's family) are from Holland so how do I go about receiving ONLY shared DNA matches pertaining to my DNA? I have wasted too much time exploring DNA matches that are not related to me.
Thanks in advance for your assistance on this issue.

that is
ericdubois
male
Volunteer moderator
Browsing: Text
View their family tree

Re: DNA Matches

Post by ericdubois »

The matches for each kit you uploaded should appear separately. If you visit the "View DNA matches" page, there is a drop-down menu on the top left to select whose matches you want to display. There is also a sorting order on the top right. Just set it to "Relationship range" and ignore the matches below the threshold you choose.

Now, if you only uploaded your family data and getting matches for your wife, it suggests that you may have uploaded the wrong file. Try removing it and re-uploading. There's also a small chance of an IBP match (Identical By Population) for a segment you both share, but that's less likely.
jyb
jyb
Administrator
Browsing: Text
View their family tree

Re: DNA Matches

Post by jyb »

You did not upload the DNA data of your wife to your account so you can't receive DNA matches for her. Can you please give an example?
Best wishes,

Jean-Yves BAXTER
GeneaNet

Please read our help pages and tips to improve your genealogy research and to grow your family tree:

- https://en.geneanet.org/help/
- https://en.geneanet.org/genealogyblog/category/geneanet_tips

Return to “Geneanet Help & Support”