Dol De Bretagne marriage record

shellbell
female
Entry mode: Graphic
Browsing: Graphic
View their family tree
Would anyone be able to point me in the right direction? Id like to find the original of this record
https://en.geneanet.org/archives/etat-civil/colgnecmagbhm/2994248?preview=YTo1OntzOjM6Im5vbSI7czo4OiJUSEVCQVVMVCI7czo2OiJwcmVub20iO3M6NzoiUGVycmluZSI7czoxMjoibm9tX2NvbmpvaW50IjtzOjQ6IlJFTVkiO3M6MTU6InByZW5vbV9jb25qb2ludCI7czo1OiJTaW1vbiI7czo4OiJyZWxhdGlvbiI7czoyMToic2VhcmNoX3JlbGF0aW9uX3N1amV0Ijt9MmM5YjM2MjAxZmJkMWVkYWJmNDczODg0ZWU1NWZjMjY%3D

On ancestry it says its a baptism record. On geneeanet a marriage record. Id like to be able to read the original and check details.
zanzigirl
zanzigirl
Volunteer moderator
Hello,
shellbell wrote: 07 August 2020, 19:35 On ancestry it says its a baptism record. On geneeanet a marriage record.
It's both: first the baptism, then the marriage.

Go to this page: https://archives-en-ligne.ille-et-vilaine.fr/thot_internet/

Click "Registres paroissiaux et état civil", you will get to this page:
AD 35.png
Click the question mark on the right of the "Commune" search box, in the window that opens, click D and select Dol de Bretagne in the drop-down, then validate.

Indicate 1791 for the date and click "Rechercher".

Go to page 13: the baptism is at the bottom on the left page, the marriage on the right.

Best
Claudine
Modératrice bénévole sans lien de subordination avec Geneanet / Volunteer moderator with no subordination to Geneanet.
shellbell
female
View their family tree
Hi Claudine,

I was looking in the right place then. But that link just wont open for me. Ive tried laptop and ipad but just get a 'took too long to respond' message. So frustrating as I like to print/save originals for later reference
shellbell
female
View their family tree
You can obviously see it, so i dont understand why it wont open for me. I tried over several days and always the same. Id got to the point of thinking i was trying to open the wrong site!
zanzigirl
zanzigirl
Volunteer moderator
Which browser do you use (I use Firefox)? Have you tried with another one?
Modératrice bénévole sans lien de subordination avec Geneanet / Volunteer moderator with no subordination to Geneanet.
zanzigirl
zanzigirl
Volunteer moderator
Try this page:

https://archives.ille-et-vilaine.fr/fr

Go down the page until you see "Services en ligne" on the right: then click "Archives en ligne"
shellbell
female
View their family tree
I use microsoft edge on laptop. Safari on ipad.
shellbell
female
View their family tree
i also tried my samsung phone which is google chrome i believe. Just downloaded firefox and it still wont open. Still times out. Ive even tried turning off antivirus!
zanzigirl
zanzigirl
Volunteer moderator
Is it the same with the second link I gave?
shellbell
female
View their family tree
The second link opens but when i scroll down & open the page, it doesnt open
shellbell
female
View their family tree
Is there any way you could message me a copy? I dont understand it. Ive never had a problem opening archives departmentales before. But this site really doesnt like me! Or where im based or something for sure.
zanzigirl
zanzigirl
Volunteer moderator
I don't understand either... here is the copy:
FRAD35_80_10NUM_35630_00103_0013.jpg
Claudine
shellbell
female
View their family tree
Thankyou. Its definately confused me. As I say never had an issue before.
zanzigirl
zanzigirl
Volunteer moderator
No problem!
shellbell
female
View their family tree
Am I right in thinking they converted from Anglican to Catholic? Sorry my french isnt great. I had wondered whether Simon Remy was Madeleines father or if he'd adopted her, as it was quite a while from her birth to her baptism. I've had no luck with her birth in Guernsey. Typical, my country & records are very illusive!
Thanks again. You all help so much.

Return to “France”