Land map of Strasbourg around 1800?

abertha
female
Entry mode: Graphic
Browsing: Graphic
View their family tree
Where might I find land maps for Strasbourg, France (Robersau district) around 1800-1815? I will be visiting next year, and could visit archives in person if maps are not available online.
femuse
femuse
abertha wrote: 07 July 2019, 18:49 Robersau district
do you know where you are going ?

zanzigirl wrote: 07 July 2019, 16:03 Robertsau
https://en.geneanet.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=121&t=632351&p=1544763&hilit=Robertsau#p1544763
Le but de ce Forum est echange entre tous les membres.
Merci de ne ne pas me contacter par messagerie avec des demandes d'aide.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Si ne répond pas a votre question du forum, cela n'est pas parceque je vous ignore,
c'est simplement que je n'ai pas reçu de notification.
:evil:
abertha
female
View their family tree
Friends, thank you for the rich responses! You have given me plenty to dig into. My specific question may not have an accessible answer, but here are the details. In 1817, my ancestors appear to have lived at house #79 Robertsau. When I was doing research in the Spis region of Slovakia, I was sometimes able to find cadastral maps that showed who owned each plot of land and how it was numbered in a specific year. I have noted that today's Allee de Robertsau, and the whole district north of the city center, was developed on a grand scale in the 1870's, when the Germans took control. But along some main streets of the old Robertsau district (Rue de Boecklin and Rue le Chevalier Robert, I believe?), there seem to be some houses that might be 18th century or earlier. I like to go to places my people were--even if the "place" isn't really there any more due to redevelopment. Hence my desire for a map that might show where house #79 stood in 1817. I lucked out in Slovakia and found some properties occupied by my family--any chance I could have similar luck here?
abertha
female
View their family tree
Cette liste de ressources pour la recherche est incroyable. Il me faudra un mois pour explorer les richesses!
zanzigirl
zanzigirl
Volunteer moderator
And here is the link for the cadastral maps of Strasbourg:

https://archives.strasbourg.eu/n/je-cherche-un-batiment-un-lieu/n:233

Claudine
Modératrice bénévole sans lien de subordination avec Geneanet / Volunteer moderator with no subordination to Geneanet.
jpschuck
jpschuck
View their family tree
abertha wrote: 07 July 2019, 23:51 Friends, thank you for the rich responses! You have given me plenty to dig into. My specific question may not have an accessible answer, but here are the details. In 1817, my ancestors appear to have lived at house #79 Robertsau. When I was doing research in the Spis region of Slovakia, I was sometimes able to find cadastral maps that showed who owned each plot of land and how it was numbered in a specific year. I have noted that today's Allee de Robertsau, and the whole district north of the city center, was developed on a grand scale in the 1870's, when the Germans took control. But along some main streets of the old Robertsau district (Rue de Boecklin and Rue le Chevalier Robert, I believe?), there seem to be some houses that might be 18th century or earlier. I like to go to places my people were--even if the "place" isn't really there any more due to redevelopment. Hence my desire for a map that might show where house #79 stood in 1817. I lucked out in Slovakia and found some properties occupied by my family--any chance I could have similar luck here?
The problem is that Robertsau is a remote district, outside the city walls (as you can see here : https://gallica.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/btv1b102248689/f1.item.zoom) . It's not featured on most historical (detailed) maps of Strasbourg.

The picture below is a comparison of the district. On the left side, you have the military map (1820-1846). House number 79 could be anywhere. I'm affraid you'll have to visit the municipal archives and check the napoleonic cadastral map (around 1837).
Attachments
Capture.JPG
Cordialement
Jean-Philippe
orange38
orange38
good evening
you can go further in the past from the wedding of 1825, by looking at the original document of this wedding
(death of parents of the spouse, several uncles, brother)
regards
orange38
Attachments
ad67_ec_360017600002.pdf
18250124 Wedding MULLER Jean Claude CLAUDE Anne-Marie
(643.78 KiB) Downloaded 9 times

Return to “France”