Immigration records for g great grandfather

orange38
orange38
It seems that the attached file with the death certificate of Baligand Etiennette in 1898 was missing
Attachments
18980602 D BALIGAND de la FEUILLEZ Etiennette Clarisse.pdf
(444.96 KiB) Downloaded 13 times
orange38
orange38
Second point solved
The unknown "Leon LAFONTAINE NEPHEW" was in fact the husband of the second daughter of Cecile Rosalie VAUDAINE, half sister (without father) of Etiennette Baligand, born in 1843. Please refer to extract of Laurent Mayolle's family tree. This Leon Lafontaine was said printer.
----> the mother Cecile Vaudaine had then 3 certain children with Paul Baligand de la Feuillez, one uncertain son Isaac René Paul Adolphe (I write uncertain because born 6 months after Paul's death, therefore only from Cecile's declaration in December 1837) and 2 daughters out of marriage Cecile Rosalie bn. 1843 and Marie Amélie bn. 1848. I guess the mother wanted to keep the prestigious name of Baligand de la Feuillez.
-----------------------------
While reading the wedding of the half sister Cecile Rosalie in 1867, one can find that her mother was -at that time - living in London.
" et Cecile Rosalie Vaudaine, sans profession, demeurant à Neuilly, avenue de Neuilly, 2, née à Paris sur l'ancien dixième arrondissement le seize juin mil huit cent quarante-trois, majeure, fille de père non dénommé, et reconnue de Cécile Vaudaine, rentière, demeurant à Londres, consentante par déclaration reçue par le Chancelier du Consulat Général de France à Londres à la date du deux de ce mois"
"and Cecile Rosalie Vaudaine, without profession, residing in Neuilly, avenue de Neuilly, 2, born in Paris on the former tenth arrondissement on June 16, 1847, major, daughter of a unnamed father, and recognised by Cécile Vaudaine, rentière, residing in London, consenting by declaration received by the Chancellor of the General Consulate of France in London on the date of the second of this month "
-------> then part of the family had already moved to England before 1867. Was Isaac with his mother?
--------------------------
Interesting to read on Mr Fayolle's family tree that the second daughter Marie Amélie married an Englishman in August 1893
Regards
orange38
Attachments
18670202 W FONTAINE Charles Adolphe VAUDAINE Cecile Rosalie - Neuilly.pdf
(1.42 MiB) Downloaded 11 times
Cécile VAUDAINE 1816-1892 - Family tree by Laurent MAYOLLE - Geneanet.pdf
(111.23 KiB) Downloaded 14 times
dpaula2
dpaula2
Entry mode: Graphic
Browsing: Graphic
View their family tree
bonjour,

I just want to mention, at this time, I do not have the birth certificate for Marie Anne Berthe Baligand de la Feuilliez
the only child that was born in Montreal Canada to Isaac Rene and Marie(Biron).
My cousin Carol will forward that to me, Marie Anne is her mother.

Paula Ryan
orange38
orange38
Good Morning Paula
The family had the habit to go to England ; for instance Cecile Vaudaine/Baligant de la Feuillez was living on London in 1867 when her 4th daughter Cécile Rosalie married Charles Antoine Fontaine; she gave her consent to the wedding;
The 5th daughter Marie Amélie married an Englishman in 1896 (Mr Heywood McEWEN°
I send you attached a file explaining how to get the certificates in England.
Did you ancestor travelled also to England before going to Canada? (which was under Brutish rule at that time?)
regards
Orange38.

PS1. You may think useless to search for "lateral" documents, but they may show a clue.
PS2. I shall post a request for help on the French geneanet if someone can go to the Archives des Hauts de Seine and look for the "Table de succession" for Cécile Vaudaine who died on the 10th February 1892 (mercredi) in Chatillon. What has she left for heritage?
Attachments
18960810 Wedding Mc EWEN Heywood De Baligant Marie Amélie.pdf
how to get some documents in England.
(958.26 KiB) Downloaded 12 times
dpaula2
dpaula2
View their family tree
Good morning to you

I do have some of that information concerning Marie Amelie' s marriage. It is known that Marie(at age 17) went to England in 1865, so I am wondering if her mother accompanied her then. But it wasn't until 1871 that she was employed and lived at her first job, so I wonder if she and her mother lived together until then ? AND whether my g grandfather was there too ??
I also have documents (census) showing where Marie was living and working every ten years after she moved there, and these records show only the individuals she was employed with and herself. She lived with the families until 1896( or just before) then she married.
She was a governess and teacher of music and French from 1871-1896, to many varied homes until she married. She died in 1941 in London.
Jennifer Claridge is my wonderful go-to lady in England, she has helped find a lot of information concerning Marie Amelie.
I also asked if she could help in looking into census records for Marie's mother and 1/2 brother.

I will check out your new UK websites .

Merci for everything you are doing
Paula
dpaula2
dpaula2
View their family tree
bonjour Orange38,
attached is the birth certificate of the child born (in Canada) from Adolphe B de la Feuilliez and Marie Biron.
birth_certificate.pdf
(376.7 KiB) Downloaded 11 times
I hope this is helpful.

Have a nice day
Paula
dpaula2
dpaula2
View their family tree
bonjour,
I just learned from Laurent Mayolle, he thinks Cecile went to England to escape prison. She probably took her children.
So my g grandfather could have gone with them and from there to Canada and it could be possible he joined the English army ??

Then he says that later (unknown date), he thinks there was an amnesty and Cecile came back to France to finish her days in Chatillon
where she died in 1892.

I will pursue the military angle in England.
But what puzzles me ,is where would his patriotism lie.
Were there many Frenchmen joined other (countries) armies ?
orange38
orange38
good morning Paula,
I received the birth certificate, very interesting. Some clues are useful.
please note that I have replied you directly and not on the Forum
best regards
orange38
dpaula2
dpaula2
View their family tree
Bonjour Marc,
My brother Charles would like to have as much information on Josephine Elise born 1811. He is building our family tree also. He was surprised to see this "new" ancestor .
He asked if you had her death certificate.

Please send any information you have to [email protected].

Return to “France”