gravesite

tinkerbellsweet
female

gravesite

Post 01 July 2019, 16:54

My great great grandmother is Catherine Swetland who was married to Lyman wetherby. My Great grandmother is Francis Wetherby Woodmansee who Married Dallas Woodmansee. I was wondering if anyone knows where Catherine Swetland is buried.
Pamela

femuse
femuse

Re: gravesite

Post 01 July 2019, 18:47

Could you please narrow it down a bit, for example:

what century ?

what Continent ?

tinkerbellsweet
female

Post 01 July 2019, 20:58

Catherine Swetland was born in Wyoming county, Pennsylvania in 1823 she died at township of Scott Lackawanna in Pennsylvania USA
on January 11, 1896. I am trying to locate her grave site since she is my great great grandmother. She married Lyman Wetherby born 1820 at Scott township lackawanna county Penn. he died in 1864. I found his grave site. He served in the Civil war for the north. He is buried in Elmira New York in a military graveyard. If anyone knows where she might be buried I would appreciate it.
Last edited by tinkerbellsweet on 02 July 2019, 01:07, edited 1 time in total.

femuse
femuse

Post 01 July 2019, 22:09

This does not answer your question, but in case you do have that:

The following union soldiers, privates in the 11th Veteran Reserve Corps, comprising the guard, were killed along with their confederate prisoners of war in a railroad accident near Shohola, PA. July 15, 1864.

They were buried at the site of the accident and later moved, together with the bodies of the confederate prisoners to Woodlawn Cemetary, Elmira, NY. where the individual graves can not now be identified.

Lyman Wetherby------Co.F Adam Wilkenson-----Co.F

https://www.ancestry.com/boards/surnames.wetherby/2/mb.ashx

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And, an advice:

when posting on a forum read by English, French,.... speakers, the way to put dates is NOT:

Catherine Swetland .... died ...on 1-11-1896

I don't know if this means 1 Nov or 11 Jan, so you should use months spelled out that way to avoid confusion.

tinkerbellsweet
female

Post 02 July 2019, 01:08

I am looking for the grave site of Catherine Swetland wetherby, Lyman wetherby's wife.

Return to “Family History Searches”