Jacques Philippe DOUET

If you need help with your family history research then post your question here.
madras18
male
Entry mode: Graphic
Browsing: Graphic
View their family tree
I am attempting to trace the origins and ancestry of a 4 x Great-Grandfather, Jacques Philippe DOUET, who was apparently a medical doctor in Jamaica at the beginning of the 19th century. I am descended from his daughter, Constantia Jane Maria DOUET, who was born in Jamaica in 1811. Does anyone have information about J P DOUET's origins, which I imagine to have been in France?
Je tente de retracer les origines et les ancêtres d'un arrière-grand-père x 4, Jacques Philippe DOUET, qui était apparemment docteur en médecine en Jamaïque au début du 19ème siècle. Je descends de sa fille, Constantia Jane Maria DOUET, née en Jamaïque en 1811. Quelqu'un at-il des informations sur les origines de J P DOUET, que j'imagine être en France?
ericdubois
male
Volunteer moderator
Browsing: Text
View their family tree
There are 16 results for Jacques Philippe Douet on FamilySearch (registration required but free).

The one with the most similar name was married to Elizabeth and they had a daughter Clara Elizabeth in 1805. The dates seem consistent with your ancestor. I'll let you explore.
ericdubois
male
Volunteer moderator
Browsing: Text
View their family tree
As for the name, it does sound French but I would not ignore other French speaking regions like Belgium, Québec or Louisiana.

Return to “Family History Searches”