Heraux family history

If you need help with your family history research then post your question here.
bobhrx
male
Entry mode: Graphic
Browsing: Graphic
View their family tree

Heraux family history

Post by bobhrx »

I am a descendant of the Heraux family from Haiti and I am particularly interested in finding out where the family originated (France ?) and how it made it's way to the island of Hispaniola. Any information at all would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.
R. Heraux
lizairef
lizairef
Browsing: Text
View their family tree
Hello, Your question of December 2016 may no longer be relevant but have you seen this Augustin HERAUX?
https://gw.geneanet.org/pdepestre?n=heraux&oc=&p=augustin
his father was born in Bordeaux, France and his descendants settled in Haiti.
Otherwise there were French settlers named "HERAUD" who left but did they leave any descendants behind?
bobhrx
male
Browsing: Graphic
View their family tree
Thanks for the information but I am familiar with Augustin Heraux who is one of my direct ancestors and I have him in my family tree. The one I'm having problems with is his father Louis who I cannot find any information on except for his birthplace Bordeaux. I found information on Augustin's wedding in a Jamaican church register but his father is listed there as Hero.
I have searched just about every source I could find without any success and I just have to keep at it.
Regards.
lizairef
lizairef
Browsing: Text
View their family tree
yes indeed
I didn't realize you were the R. Heraux I exchanged messages with, four months ago.
Cordially.

Return to “Family History Searches”