‘Friend’ and ‘Wizard’ Access Rights will change so they will now be used to give access to both your GeneaNet profile and your Online Family Tree (GeneWeb).
Words will change too:
– ‘Friend’ will be ‘Guest’ : Private data in your family tree is available (read only) to ‘Guests’.
– ‘Wizard’ will be ‘Admin’: ‘Admins’ can edit your genealogy data.
What about your former ‘Friend’ and ‘Wizard’ Access Rights?
A new easy and intuitive tool will allow you to invite people so they can be added to your GeneaNet Address Book and so they can be given access to your Online Family Tree. Just find them by entering their full name or their GeneaNet username, then select their Access Rights (‘Visitor’, ‘Guest’ or ‘Admin’) and give them a password. These Access Rights and password can be edited at any time.
1. Your former ‘Friend’ Access Rights:
– The persons who had a ‘Friend’ Access Right to your family tree will be able to easily ask you for a new ‘Guest’ Access Right from the home page of your Online Family Tree.
– If you have given the same ‘Friend’ Access Right to all of your contacts, you will need to resend a personal invitation to each of them.
2. Your former ‘Wizard’ Access Rights:
– The persons who had a ‘Wizard’ Access Right to your family tree will need to ask you for a new ‘Admin’ Access Right. They will not be authorized to edit your genealogy data until you accept their request (they will be given a default ‘Friend’ Access Right). An email will be sent to you for each ‘Admin’ Access Right request.
You can give your contacts a ‘Visitor’, a ‘Guest’ or an ‘Admin’ Access Right to your Online Family Tree (GeneWeb).
Log in to leave a comment. Sign In / Sign Up