An archaelogical dig has uncovered medieval marvels and clues to one of Canterbury’s biggest wartime tragedies. A team from the Canterbury Archaeological Trust has discovered rare pots and post-medieval clay floors hidden beneath 18th and 19th century buildings while excavating the foundations of Franklyn House in Sturry High Street.
They even dug up a counting token – used by traders instead of currency – minted between 1586 and 1635. This token was made for a man named Hans Krauwinckel in Germany.
Log in to leave a comment. Sign In / Sign Up