Full Featured – Windows – Purchase
Ancestral Quest 12.1.33 has been released.
• Name Entry: In the Individual Add/Edit screen, you can now swap the order of entering names. By default, you still enter surname then given names, but you can reverse this.
• Internet Search Parameters: Added “FO” (First name only) and “MN” (Married Name) as parameters that you can use when searching Internet databases. The “FO” option will only take the first given name, even if the person has multiple given names. The “MN” option will first try to use the name you may have entered for the person in the “Married Name” field of the Individual Edit’s “More” tab. If that field is blank, then for a male, it takes the surname. For a female, it then takes the surname of the first husband if the woman was ever married, and if not, it takes her birth surname.
• Searching FamilySearch.org: FamilySearch has made some changes recently to the method of searching the 1 billion records available on their site. AQ’s searching was updated to continue to correctly search these records.
• Name List: If you searched for a person while on the Name List view, then immediately switched to a different view, the person you just searched for would not be the primary person in the new view. Fixed.
• Advanced Filtering: AQ’s field filter did not properly find individuals when you set up a filter with “Sources (All) Does Not Exist.” Fixed.
• Confidential Relationships: If you marked a man or woman as “Confidential” and also marked the relationship as confidential, the other partner should not have been treated as confidential. In some cases, this was not working properly. Fixed.
• Published Family Book Index: In some cases, the index enties from one page of the index would repeat themselves on the next page. Fixed.
• Translations: AQ was not properly changing some non-English characters from upper case to lower case, and visa versa. As a result entry of dates with umlauts were not working, and there were some other sorting issues. Fixed.
• Translations: If a translator tried to translate the source type descriptors, they were unable to get a good translation. Fixed.
Log in to leave a comment. Sign In / Sign Up