PDAs and Handhelds – PDAs and Handhelds – Purchase
Pocket Genealogist 4 has been released.
• Support for Capacitive Touch devices. (Devices that use your finger instead of a stylus).
• Multimedia importation enhanced to support PDF files. (Selectable via the “Customize” screen during importation).
• Added new 3-generation view which displays preferred image thumbnails. Most other multimedia screens now also have thumbnail display.
• Added new “Changes Report” which displays changes made on the device for use in transferring the information to your desktop program for those not comfortable with the more automated methods. (Such as GEDCOM merging).
• Moved some features previously only available with “Advanced” into the “Basic” version. This includes the relationship calculator, GPS support, 255 generations with tree views, storage card formatting, device resetting, database backup and restore and multimedia support.
• “Check for Update” now has the ability to download and install newer versions. Also added a new “Re-install” on the “Tools” display to allow re-installation to device.
• Enhanced support for Direct RootsMagic 4 imports, Family Historian V4 imports and FTM 2010 GEDCOM imports.
• Dropped support for older devices and optimized program code to eliminate functionality no longer needed with newer devices. (Now only supports PocketPC 2003, Windows Mobile 5 and 6).
• The Desktop side of Pocket Genealogist is no longer dependant on Microsoft Jet (Access) for the creation of Pocket Genealogist databases. (Jet is still used for “Direct” Legacy and Genbox imports though)
• Miscellaneous bug fixes and minor enhancements.
Log in to leave a comment. Sign In / Sign Up