Charts and Diagrams – Windows – Purchase
FamilyTreeFactory 18.104.22.168 has been released.
• Fixed bug: At the creation of treeviews Grandparents’ Descendant Tree and Great-grandparents’ Descendant Tree, under certain circumstances the calculation of the numbers of partnerships and children of the mother and the four grandparents of the primary person was not correct. In case of partners both with multiple partnerships, incorrect numbers could avoid the confirmation request, for which partner all partnerships should be shown.
• Fixed bug: At the creation of treeviews Relatives Tree, over descendant trees, which do not start actually at the oldest generation of the relatives tree, empty person boxes were shown up to the oldest generation.
• Fixed bug: At the loading of the Treeview Options profile [ Factory Default Settings ] and following saving of the profile as default settings for new treeviews, the normal Treeview Options have been saved, but not the default settings for Free Text, Image and Geo Objects, Column/Row Numbers, Duplicate Connection Lines and Person Indexes. This resulted for example in the color black for all duplicate connection lines.
• Fixed bug: At the automatic creation of duplicate connection lines, under certain seldom conditions a Range Check Error could occur.
• Important change: In the Tools menu there are new functions On-screen Keyboard… and Windows Input Languages…. These functions allow comfortable input of text of foreign languages, the characters of which can not be completely entered with the connected keyboard and the standard locale/input language. In the manual in the section Unicode Support there is a new sub-section Input of Foreign Languages. These functions are available only under Windows 2000, XP, Vista and 7.
• The context-sensitive menu of person boxes now contains the function Show Further Personal Data. This function has a submenu with some personal data, which are saved for the selected person, but currently not output in the person box. The following personal data are involved: Profession, title, ident code, place of residence, Swiss civil rights municipality, contact, note, sources, photos and documents. For photos and documents the assigned image files and document files are listed into two submenus. By clicking a menu item text data are shown in a text window; files are opened in the standard program which was assigned to the file extension under Windows.
• In the context-sensitive menu of person boxes now the function Change Order of Partners/Children is offered only if partners or children are saved for the selected person.
• In the Personal Data menu, the function Search for Common Ancestors of Two Persons… has been enhanced so that now common ancestors of several persons can be searched for. Now the function is named Search for Common Ancestors of Several Persons…. Till now you could create a complete descendant tree of a common ancestor with color highlighted direct lineages to the selected persons. Now you can in addition create a reduced descendant tree of a common ancestor, which includes only the direct lineages to the selcted persons; this is a representation of the direct relationships of several persons.
• In the Personal Data menu, the function Search for Common Descendants of Two Persons… has been enhanced so that now common descendants of several persons can be searched for. Now the function is named Search for Common Descendants of Several Persons…. Till now you could create a complete ancestor tree of a common descendant with color highlighted direct lineages to the selected persons. Now you can in addition create a reduced ancestor tree of a common descendant, which includes only the direct lineages to the selcted persons; this is a representation of the direct relationships of several persons.
• In the Create Relatives Tree dialog, two new radio buttons compressed and uncompressed allow to select whether the descendant trees are positioned close together or with a distance for a better overview. The compressed positioning creates a smaller graphic, the uncompressed positioning creates a bigger graphic.
• In the Treeview Options dialog, Graphic Content tab, now the maximum of the generations to be output can be reduced to 1. With this, person boxes of single persons or couples can be shown; these can be exported to a graphic file and inserted in a chronicle.
• In the Card Index Export Options in the area Orientation the new checkbox New card per person allows to determine, that a new file card is started for every person. This is usual for file cards in landscape 5×8 inch or A5 format. If this checkbox is not marked, the cards are printed continuously. With that, paper can be saved at the printout, for example in the portrait Letter or A4 format.
• The program can be started repeatedly now. However, this is not recommended particularly. The manual program update is only possible when only one single instance of the program runs. The automatic program update is only possible when the instance started first runs alone.
• All message dialogs got a modern layout. Dialogs with alternative decision possibilities were labeled more clearly to allow a quick overwiew.
• Some small improvements and corrections.
Log in to leave a comment. Sign In / Sign Up