Full Featured – Windows – Purchase
Ancestral Quest 12.1 build 14 has been released.
• Backups – AQ now restores PAF 5 backups and creates backup compatible with PAF 5.
• Narrative Reports and Web Pages – added the Biological sentence for use on a split relationship in a .aq file.
• Line of Descent Report – Add the Byte Order Mark for Unicode so some word processors that require it would find it.
• GEDCOM Import – The Import used to check Custom IDs to see if they “looked” like AFNs, and if they did, it moved the Custom ID to the AFN field. It now leaves this alone in the Custom ID field.
• Many, many features dealing with interfacing the new.FamilySearch.org system to enhance research and database checking. Only available to users who or in the pilot program for new.FamilySearch.org (nFS) until it is released to the general public.
• Several other enhancements while working on the nFS features that we didn’t track. See the list of changes for AQ 12.1 after you download it to find some of these.
• Open Screen – The “Action” button on the Open/Save dialog used to specify the appropriate action in AQ 11, such as “Backup”, “Copy”, “Restore”, etc. These had reverted to the default of “Open” or “Save”. These now show the action text again.
• Save As Screen – When using the Save As dialog, if you selected a filename from the list, then altered it, Windows would return the selected name rather than the altered name. AQ now uses the Altered name.
• Several other fixes while working on the nFS features that we didn’t track. See the list of changes for AQ 12.1 after you download it to find some of these.
Log in to leave a comment. Sign In / Sign Up