The Next Generation of Genealogy Sitebuilding (TNG) 7 has been released.
To get the upgrade from v5 or v6, just go back to your previous TNG downloads page (http://tng.lythgoes.net/downloads5 or http://tng.lythgoes.net/downloads6). There is no direct upgrade from v4 or earlier. To upgrade from one of those versions, you must first upgrade to v5 or v6.
• Administration: Many improvements in the administrative area make online site management a lot easier than before (smaller forms, fewer page refreshes, no more popup windows, and many more “Web 2.0″ enhancements).
• PDF Reports: Create PDF documents directly from pedigree, descendancy and individual charts.
• Albums: Albums can now be linked directly to individuals and families, and Web 2.0 administration makes it easy to group your photos and other media items.
• Media: More robust online management, and you can now create your own media types.
• Most Wanted: Dynamically create a list of the people or photos you’re interested in the most.
• Look and Feel: Several pages have been restyled for easier use and a nicer appearance (Cemeteries, Surnames, Places).
• Faster Upgrade: Coming from an earlier version of TNG? No problem!
• Security: Enjoy stronger protection against the latest malicious influences.
• Search: Searchable columns make lookups easier and more informative.
• Search Engines: A few key changes should make your pages more visible.
• Google Maps: The new “Default Zoom” setting will save you time when you’re pinpointing your locations.
• Places: A few popular 3rd-party GEDCOM conventions are now supported, allowing many of you to import latitude and longitude data already in your file.
• TNG Network: A direct link to this surname lookup site makes it easier for you to index your own data there.
• Plus many more improvements! See a complete list of all changes here.
Log in to leave a comment. Sign In / Sign Up