Needing Help

jroberson
female
Entry mode: Graphic
Browsing: Graphic
View their family tree

Needing Help

Post by jroberson »

Hi my name is Jacquelyn, My grandmother came to Los Angeles in 1947 pregnant with my dad. She passed away when I was 2 years old.  My dad passed away about 8 years ago leaving me with a lot of questions about my family. Anything I know about my family I have found out from google and on the internet. I was hoping to get some help so I can leave info for my children and grand child. This is some of what I have found out so far. My great grandfather George Gambin was  killed in the bombing of Sartrouville and  Died for France 1944 My great grandma Josephine I have no idea when she paseed. I believe she was born in 1894. Their daughter my grandmother Georgette Gambin was March 11 1926 I believe can anyone please help me find as much info as possible please I feel lost. My email in [email protected] not a person email. Thanks in advance
orange38
orange38

Att.  Mrs Roberson,
Is your request on GENEANET still valid?
If yes, I may help you from France

NB. The problem is to get through a 100-120 years delay for privacy. if less than that delay, document must be requested from the Mairie (town hall) for free. (an envelope with your home address avoids bad writing), but by a member of the family.
if older that 120 years, all documents are on line from the Archives départementales. However for some villages, digitalisation is still on going and once again documents are to be requested from the mairie. Last solution is to come to France
regards
Orange38
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1° on the following link,
I found

http://seynaeve.pagesperso-orange.fr/page_g.htm

GAMBIN Georges né le 1/9/1872 ; Epoux de Joséphine ALLAIN (1894 - ?) ; MPLF le 27/5/1944 lors du bombardement de Sartrouville (Seine & Oise). Même caveau que Joseph Albert ALLAIN (voir ce nom). Cimetière Montparnasse, 15ème div., av. de l’Ouest, 1ère ligne (Paris 14ème). Photo de la tombe.

2° Then looking for Joseph Albert ALLAIN who was a soldier dead during WWI
http://seynaeve.pagesperso-orange.fr/page_a.htm

ALLAIN Joseph Albert né le 15/4/1885 à Champrepus (Manche) ; Fils d'Edmond Gabriel (2/1/1858 au Tanu-Manche - ?), cultivateur, et de Rosalie GUIARD (11/5/1854 au Tanu - ?) ; Camionneur ; Soldat au 354ème RI ; Médaille militaire à titre posthume (3/2/1921) ; MPLF (tué à l’ennemi) le 12/2/1916 à Souain (Marne). Même caveau que  Georges GAMBIN (voir ce nom). Cimetière Montparnasse, 15ème div., av. de l’Ouest, 1ère ligne (Paris 14ème).

Although he was buried in cimetière Montpanasse in Paris, his name can be seen in the city where he lived which is IVRY in the suburb of Paris
http://www.memorialgenweb.org/memorial3/html/fr/resultcommune.php?act=view&insee=94041&pays=France&dpt=94&idsource=19120&lettre=A
I send you the military file of this soldier
I send you also his birth certificate in CHAMPREPUS - MANCHE

3° The fact that the wife of George GAMBIN was Joséphine Allain may inform that she was maybe a sister of the soldier. (They prepared a family vault, including the brother dead during WWI)
------------------------------
Why and how to prove it ?
Why?
Between 1850 and 1950, most of birth certificates had in the margin, mention of a wedding.
If the birth certificate of Josephine Allain is found, with a little luck, the name of her husband will be shown.
How?
1° the search for the birth certificate should be looked in the same village as the soldier. Fortunately, there are few ALLAIN in this village, which means it will be easy. Unfortunately the electronic files stop in 1892. Therefore the document has to be requested from the Mairie
You can request on-line this document directly from the Mairie at
http://www.conseil-general.com/local/mairies-villes-communes/acte-naissance-mairie-champrepus-50800.htm
2° another manner (and necessary to confirm) is to ask directly to the conservation du Cimetière Montparnasse in Paris. As you know the exact location, ie 15ème div., avenue de l’Ouest, 1ère  ligne (Paris 14ème). You may ask for the names of all the persons buried and the maximum information such as dates, location of death, etc.
3° I guess that you know the birth's date of your grand-mother . Have you asked for the her birth certificate and the wedding certificate in France ?
I suppose that the US military wouldn't allow a french woman to enter in the US without an official paper..... There are always useful information to get.
If you need help, please ask
---------
other notes.
I send you a document about the bombing of Sartrouville. It is sad to read that Georges GAMBIN died with 200 civilian during the 27th of May 1944 bombing.
Attachments
18850415 B ALLAIN Joseph Albert.pdf
(266.61 KiB) Downloaded 16 times
1944 Bombing of the Sartrouville Railway Bridge.pdf
(1.71 MiB) Downloaded 15 times
ALLAIN Joseph Albert - Fiche matricule militaire.JPG

Return to “France”