Salucia Sophronia (Clark) Squibb

bmesenbrink
male
She has had me stumped since I began researching many years back. She married Robert Squibb in Clinton county, Iowa on November 26, 1857. But the marriage record doesn't list parents. I've got a birth date of 13 July 1841, making her only 16 at the time of her marriage. I would think her parents would have to be around somewhere close by.  I've searched Clinton county, researching all the Clarks I could find, but I can't find any that are a good fit to be her family. Also, she should be listed in the 1850 census, probably in Ohio, but no luck. I have an obituary as well, but no help.

Bob
bmesenbrink
male
Good luck with Daniel and Phebe. Saw a Daniel in Lyons in 1856 census, but no Phoebe and the rest of the family doesn't match so not the right ones.

Salucia was only about 16 when she married. Being that young, I  would expect to find her parents nearby. I found a copy of the Clinton County marriage record that I made from microfilm, and Clinton County didn't show parents at that time. So no help.

So the big question for me is why can't we find her in the 1856 Iowa census. They might have only been there for a short time. I'm starting to think that it was a broken family. One or both of her parents died, or she ran away. It's hard to find people when you don't know there name, so I hope the Daniel/Phoebe possibility works out.
bmesenbrink
male
Yes, common name in a big state, but one never knows. Salucia moved to Iowa by 1856. When and where does Elisha first show up? Also, it might be interesting if there are any family names in common. Salucia had Martha Jane, Mary Elizabeth,Robert, Blanche, Ellen, Barney, Nora, Melvina, William and Caleb.

Return to “United States”