Doohan-Doohen

marymertz1
marymertz1
Entry mode: Graphic
Browsing: Text
View their family tree

Doohan-Doohen

Post by marymertz1 »

Patrick Doohen was born in  Falcarragh, Tullaghobegley Parish, Donegal County Ireland in 1815.  He married Catherine McGeehan who was born in Ireland in 1824.  They moved to the United States and married in Newark, New Jersey in 03 November 1857. 
Before that, we have no knowledge of our great-grandparents.  I am descended from their child, James Doohen. Does anyone have any info on the Doohen/Doohan family in Ireland or the McGeehan family?? Thanks.
Mary Hinman,
Puyallup, Washington State
USA
likeaduck
female

Re: Doohan-Doohen

Post by likeaduck »

UPDATE-- I JUST FOUND YOU ON ANCESTRY. WE DO SHARE DNA!

Hello, Mary - I'm just visiting this Forum and saw your post today, twelve year later, so hopefully it finds you. I am a descendant of the Doohans and others from the area of Donegal where your great-grandparents are from. We're likely cousins! I subsequently did a surname search of McGeehan in my Ancestry DNA match list, and so many come up from that same Donegal location. It is a surname that hadn't previously come up for me, so thank you for posting this! Doohan was my paternal grandmother's surname, so I have a bit on them.

There is a Facebook page for researchers of this particular location. It's called "Falcarragh, Crossroads, Gortahork in County Donegal, Ireland."

Aside from that, I am on every single DNA site, so take a look for me, if not here. On GEDmatch, do a word find search of "Likeaduck". I manage quite a few kits, so hopefully, some will pop up for you there. Please do reach out!
Valerie
marymertz1
marymertz1
Entry mode: Graphic
Browsing: Text
View their family tree

Re: Doohan-Doohen

Post by marymertz1 »

Neat!!!! I will! Love your name!

Return to “Ireland”