MEIER's that migrated to WV/VA, USA in the 1800's

sjmeyers1974
female
Entry mode: Graphic
Browsing: Text
View their family tree
I'm looking for any information on the Meier family who migrated from Germany/Prussia sometime in the 1800's to the Northern part of West Virginia/Virginia area of the United States. They changed the spelling after they came over and that's what is making it tricky to find any info past my great-grandparents. I'm not even sure if my grandfather was born in the US or Germany. Let me list the names that I have.

My grandfather was Charles Harry Ferdinand Meyers/Meier (I'm not sure which spelling he was given at birth). He was born November 3, 1901. He married Anna Adella Muchnok on November 28, 1932. They had four children, Carl Perry Louis, Minnie Catherine, Ruth Ann and my father, Joseph Frederick Meyers.

My great-greandfather was Louis Meier/Meyer. I'm not sure if he was born in the US or Germany. He was born in 1857 and married Wilhelmina Reitz . She was born in 1861. They had four children, Elizabeth A Meyer, Frederick W Meyer, Louis E Meyer and my grandfather.

Thank you in advance! :)
jon1my
male
Entry mode: Graphic
Browsing: Graphic
View their family tree
I'm wondering if there has been any information received on this message. I also am interested in any info about all variations of the Meyer, Myers, Meier, etc surname. I am particularly interested in any information regarding this name from Bern, Switzerland around 1645.

My family has been using the Myers variation since at least 1795. My second great grandfather Benjamin Myers from Pennsylvania married Catherine Hoover from Maryland. A son, Daniel Myers moved to Jacksonburg, Ohio sometime around mid-1800's. Anyone having information about this family please feel free to contact me at: [email protected]

Thank you,
Jonathan Myers

Return to “Germany”