Desbruslais married to Mandelli India France Italy

msmorgz
male
Hi there you two.

I am also a descendant of Edith and Stanley Desbruslais. I have been trying to track down my family history. I know that within the Desbrulais family, Stanley Eugene Desbrualis was the head of the family, French born living in India, and that his wife was apparently called Edith Angela (maiden name
Mandelli). They then had six daughters: Daphne Mary (who has passed away), Pamela Ann (still alive and living in Doncaster, England - sadly her son David has passed away before her), Diamond Teresa (who I was told lived in the US - I don't know if she is living anymore),
Veronica Anna (I also think she may have lived in the US) and Jean Teresa (who is my grandmother, she is still living in Doncaster and has had 4 children and now has 6 grandchildren) and Ruby Angela (who lives in Doncaster and is herself in touch with Pamela and Jean still). And my Grandma Jean has told me that there was also one boy who died at a young age, but apparently he didn't die during childbirth and he wasn't still born. I think he may have died aged 5-9? I know that when in India they all lived in Calcutta, and my Grandma has explained to me that some stayed in India, some went for America, and then the rest went to England.
From what I have been told Edith may have actually been called Agatha, not Edith! And also I don't know whether or not Stanley was involved with the French or British army within India, or whether he was an engineer.

Anyway just thought I'd check a few of these things with either of you. I'd love to know if you've managed to find anything out about the Mandelli family (Edith/Angela's parents) and if you know anything else about Daphne, Diamond or Veronica's lives. I'd also love to hear from any of you as to where you may live in this world! I myself am in the Midlands in England, and me and my Dad visit Grandma Jean as often as we can. Thanks in advance. X
historicallyobssesed
male
I have found something interesting about the Mandellis!
Pamela, Diamond, Ruby, Daphne, Veronica and Jean's mother is Edith Angela Castelnuovo-Mandelli, right? Well her father, Louis Castelnuovo-Mandelli, is a famous ornithologist and tea planter who came from a Maltese aristocratic family. He allegedly took his mother's surname as he was affiliated with Giuseppe Garibaldi. He had 3 daughters, who I think Edith was one of, as she was in the same area and had the same surname.
Yours sincerely,
John

Return to “All countries”