Search :
Advanced Search

Author Topic: I am just beginning on Geneanet and I can't get any results  (Read 224 times)
mullinslynne

Family Tree
New Graphic Family Tree

« on: 30 May 2017, 00:27:15 »

I have just started trying to find my  French heritage.. I began by entering my Grandfather's name, Albert Bonot from Luneville, France. His wife was named Fernande, as was his mother. The search came back empty. I met him once when I was young, and my mother talked about him all the time. He has six children, all living in France, and the search for them has also turned up nothing. Am I doing something wrong?
jyb
Global Moderator

Family Tree
New Graphic Family Tree

« Reply #1 on: 30 May 2017, 10:15:11 »

There are 2 results when clicking the following link: http://en.geneanet.org/fonds/individus/?size=20&sourcename=&ignore_each_sourcename__0__=jyb&nom=bonnot&ignore_each_patronyme=&prenom=albert&prenom_operateur=or&ignore_each_prenom=&profession=&ignore_each_profession=&nom_conjoint=&ignore_each_patronyme_conjoint=&prenom_conjoint=fernande&prenom_conjoint_operateur=or&ignore_each_prenom_conjoint=&place__0__=&voisinage=&zonegeo__0__=&country__0__=&region__0__=&subregion__0__=&place__1__=&zonegeo__1__=&country__1__=&region__1__=&subregion__1__=&place__2__=&zonegeo__2__=&country__2__=&region__2__=&subregion__2__=&place__3__=&zonegeo__3__=&country__3__=&region__3__=&subregion__3__=&place__4__=&zonegeo__4__=&country__4__=&region__4__=&subregion__4__=&type_periode=between&from=&to=&exact_month=&exact_day=&exact_year=&nom_pere=&ignore_each_patronyme_pere=&prenom_pere=&prenom_pere_operateur=or&ignore_each_prenom_pere=&nom_mere=&ignore_each_patronyme_mere=&prenom_mere=&prenom_mere_operateur=or&ignore_each_prenom_mere=&with_parents=0&go=1

Best wishes,

Jean-Yves BAXTER
GeneaNet

Read our tips to improve your genealogy research and to grow your family tree: http://genealogyblog.geneanet.org/index.php/category/geneanet_tips
jeff43614

« Reply #2 on: 08 September 2017, 15:56:39 »

I can't get any results either for my name.  Jeff Gramza in Ohio.  That's all I searched on and it came back 'no results'.  This website is a joke.  There are so many others that are user-friendly.
tqnews

« Reply #3 on: 09 September 2017, 18:01:42 »

I can't get any results either for my name.  Jeff Gramza in Ohio.  That's all I searched on and it came back 'no results'.  This website is a joke.  There are so many others that are user-friendly.

I've searched everything I know and if you don't have ANY of that, then you don't have MUCH.
Explain to me why this is apparently going to be a wasted weekend!
jyb
Global Moderator

Family Tree
New Graphic Family Tree

« Reply #4 on: 20 September 2017, 11:21:15 »

@jeff43614: Geneanet is not a social network but a genealogy website. You will surely find information about your ancestors on Geneanet.

Best wishes,

Jean-Yves BAXTER
GeneaNet

Read our tips to improve your genealogy research and to grow your family tree: http://genealogyblog.geneanet.org/index.php/category/geneanet_tips
jeff43614

« Reply #5 on: 20 September 2017, 17:27:05 »

Same thing with my searcheS.  Nothing.  I quit wasting time at this website.  There are sooo many more that are useful.
jeff43614

« Reply #6 on: 20 September 2017, 17:29:29 »

Can't even find my own name.  Wasted weekend.  So many other sites that gave me information.
Jump to :