Search :
Advanced Search

Author Topic: French Translation of Marriage Record  (Read 263 times)
kflaherty

« on: 29 May 2017, 21:49:43 »

Hello, my name is Kim Flaherty - I have been tracing my Jouve' side of the family to the Andelat & Saint Flour,  (Cantal) region of France.  I have had some great luck finding an abundance of information in the Cantal Archives.  Cheesy  I have come across a particularly difficult Marriage record for:

Jean Durand and Anne Boudone
Located on page 1/416
In the Saint Flour 5mi 346/4
Registre D'Etat-Civil
archives.Cantal.fr/ark:16075/a011324371641Yb5FOG/1/416

I was hoping someone could take a look at this record, and let me know if you are able to pick out both their parents names, year or date of the marriage, where they were from and maybe their ages.

I do know Jean Durand's father (Guillaume Durand) as well as Anne Boudone's Father (Antoine Boudone)

Any information would be a great help.  I truly wish I could read French. : Grin

Thank you in advance.  Please let me know if you need any more information.

Kim
annerachel

Family Tree
GeneWeb

« Reply #1 on: 30 May 2017, 04:50:32 »

Hello Kim
I'm having trouble finding that marriage record, please tell me what is the date? Will try to transcribe it for you.
Anne

P.S. just had another look and found it on page 416/564
Not able to do it now, tomorrow I will get back to you.
« Last Edit: 30 May 2017, 10:48:35 by annerachel »
kflaherty

« Reply #2 on: 30 May 2017, 14:01:22 »

Good Morning Anne -
The best I can come up with is the summer of 1804

this is the link for the page it shows up on"

http://archives.cantal.fr/ark:/16075/a011324371641Yb5FOG/1/416

A few pages prior state the following:

Le present registre deftine a l’inscription des Actes de celebration de Mariages qui auront lieu pendant l’an 13 dans la Commune de Saint Flour contenant veniqt  feuilles a un timbre, a ete cote & paraphe au recto de chaque Feuillet par nous Presidente du Trubunal de premiere instance de L’Arrondissement de St. Flour, department du Cantal, en conformite de l’article quarante – un de la Loi du vingt ventose an onze.
A St. Flour le seize fructidor an douze & le premier de l’Empire francais.

I hope this helps.   Thank you Anne for all your help.  Smiley
annerachel

Family Tree
GeneWeb

« Reply #3 on: 31 May 2017, 07:32:02 »

I see why the date was difficult for you, the calendar used at that time was that of the French Republic, sometimes called the Fr Revolutionary calendar.

Year 13 of the republic, 17 th day of the month Brumaire. This converts to 8 Nov 1804.

Jean DURAND né  ?second?  april 1767
from the village of   ?gli.......  / ?frisinet        (I am not sure of this ), within the commune Saint Flour
Jean is a ' Cultivateur" , son of Guillaume who is also a Cultivateur, and of the deceased  ? filione?  Marguerite BOUDET / BARDET / BORDET

Anne BOUDON   née 23 May 1777, daughter of Antoine BOUDON, cultivateur,  and of the deceased Elisabeth CRAU... / CROUVEL ??

Witnesses the fathers Guillaume DURAND aged 68   and Antoine BOUDON aged 52   also  Antoine DURAND brother aged 35
kflaherty

« Reply #4 on: 01 June 2017, 03:12:09 »

Anne - Thank you so much for your translations.  I appreciate the work you put into it. I am researching the details now - I will keep you posted  Smiley
Kim
annerachel

Family Tree
GeneWeb

« Reply #5 on: 01 June 2017, 03:45:35 »

You are most welcome, I am happy to help, just let me know if you have more questions.

The archives on line are a wonderful resource, aren't they?

Anne
chmidelear

Family Tree
New Graphic Family Tree

« Reply #6 on: 01 June 2017, 13:27:13 »

Hello !

Some corrections... the writing is difficult

Jean DURAND "né  le dernier  avril mil sept cent soixante seize" --> born on the last of april 1776

The name of his mother is probably Marguerite BOUDET

Anne BOUDOU (BOUDON ?) "née le 23 mai mil sept cent soixante dix sept" --> born on the 23th may 1777

The name of her mother is probably Elisabeth CALMET

Christian
kflaherty

« Reply #7 on: 28 June 2017, 01:53:46 »

Christian - Thank you so much for your corrected updates!  It should help to narrow things down. It was very kind of you. I am off to check out the new information!

Have a great night.

Kim  Smiley

joeroot66

« Reply #8 on: 17 July 2017, 21:24:33 »

yaa you are right sir
joe root
hr@ Accounting Assignment Help
Jump to :